LIDODERM®, a No-pill Option
for After-shingles Pain Relief
You might like to know that LIDODERM® (lidocaine patch 5%) has been used to effectively relieve after-shingles pain for more than 12 years. Also, LIDODERM is not a pill. It is a soft, pliable patch that is thin and odorless. It can be worn under your clothing.
What you may appreciate about LIDODERM is that it can be applied locally, meaning right on top of the area of your after-shingles pain. You should always wear it as directed by your healthcare professional.
When Using LIDODERM®, Remember These Helpful Points:
- It's important to know that for some patients, LIDODERM may provide after-shingles pain relief with the first application, but it may take up to 2 weeks to achieve the best outcome
- Use it alone or with other medicines for after-shingles pain, as directed by your healthcare professional
- If you need to cut the patch to cover the exact area of pain, DO NOT remove the clear plastic backing before doing so
- You can wear up to 3 patches at a time—as directed by your healthcare professional—for 12 hours on, followed by 12 hours off. Applying the patches for a longer time or using more than 3 patches could cause serious reactions
- During or immediately after using LIDODERM, the skin around the patch may develop a change in color, colored spots, irritation, itching, flaking of the skin, rash, bruising, swelling, pimple-like raised skin, a cyst containing fluid, pain, burning or abnormal sensation. These reactions are generally mild and go away on their own within a few minutes to hours. Other reactions may include dizziness, headache, and nausea. Tell your healthcare professional if you experience any of these symptoms while using LIDODERM